Thyroid cyst – a capsule-type seal, inside which is a liquid. This pathology can be both small in size (diameter less than 1 mm) and enormous (it will be visible to the naked eye) to form bumps on the neck. If you believe the statistics, the disease affects more than 10% of the population of the entire planet. Most women are exposed to it.
Of the thyroid gland cyst: Causes
The main factors that provoke the emergence of this disease, include:
- Iodine deficiency in food and, consequently, in the body.
- The overrun power supply of hormones (thyroxine and triiodothyronine).
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland.
- Environmental risks.
- The imbalance of hormones.
- The trauma of the thyroid gland.
- Thyroid abnormalities congenital nature.
- The hereditary predisposition.
Cyst Thyroid Symptoms
Most often this pathology develops slowly and is almost asymptomatic. Typically, in this case, the cysts have a very small size, and accordingly, the pressure on the vascular system, it has not. Main same symptoms begin to appear when there is an increase in the formation of up to about 3 centimeters, which is already quite perceptible on palpation. Also, the symptoms include:
- Hoarseness, accompanied by its unusual timbre.
- headache without any reasons.
- The feeling of a lump, and sore throat.
- Increased lymph nodes.
- Sore throat, which may indicate a festering cysts.
- Magnification outer contours of the neck.
- Increase the temperature to 40gradusov tely.
- Chills and fever.
Thyroid cyst: Diagnosis
When the first suspicions of the presence of this pathology is necessary to address to the endocrinologist, who will conduct a clinical examination and palpation of the prostate. Next, the patient will need to undergo a series of procedures, including:
- Study structure vascular cancer.
- Puncture fine needle biopsy histology. Carried out to determine the presence of abnormal cells.
- Thyroid ultrasound.
- A number of blood tests showing levels of thyroid hormones.
- If you need an MRI cancer.
Of the thyroid gland cyst: treatment
There are times when such education does not require removal. For example, if the cyst does not cause disorders of the thyroid gland, the patient must simply visit an endocrinologist, who will oversee the growth and change its parameters. It may also appoint a hormonal medicines. In the case where the cyst has a direct impact on the thyroid gland, is assigned to the drug radioactive iodine for several months. But it is important to take the patient ultrasound, and upon detection of a large number of blood antibodies tools iodine intake should be stopped. In some cases it is necessary to perform gemistrumektomiyu (removal of the thyroid gland).