Cyst in the breast is a common problem. Moreover, statistical studies have shown that this disease most often affects young women of childbearing age. So what caused the appearance of such growths? Whether the cyst is a serious health threat? Are there any effective treatments? The answers to these questions are of interest to many of the fair sex.
What is a cyst in the breast?
Breast Disease in women can hardly be considered rare. And in many patients during the examination revealed a cyst. What is this entity and whether it is dangerous?
Cysts, usually formed in place of the extension duct cancer. Gradually the place starts to grow into a connective tissue capsule and within it is accumulated fluid contents. Such a tumor may be round, oval or have irregular shape. Sometimes women find one cyst, and sometimes several (similar condition called polycystic). Moreover, the cavity surrounding the neoplasm may coalesce each other, forming a multi-chamber cyst.
By the Way, such units may have different sizes. In most cases, their diameter does not exceed a few millimeters. On the other hand, some women found tumors up to a diameter of five centimeters.
In fact, today many women face a diagnosis of “cyst”. The photo shows the approximate appearance of this pathology.
Types of cystic tumors in the breast
As mentioned earlier, a cyst in the breast can have different shapes and sizes. In addition, in modern medicine to distinguish between several varieties of such tumors, depending on the reasons for their formation and anatomical features.
- Atypical cyst is formed due to the expansion duct cancer, which gradually accumulated fluid. This tumor has a relatively stable fibrous capsule and on its inner wall can be seen tissue growth directed toward the center of the cavity.
- Solitary cyst – a fairly large but benign tumor rounded shape with a flexible wall. The capsule it becomes thicker with time. Quite often a cyst can be felt even by yourself.
- Hazards are fibrocyst breast cancer, as its presence increases the chances of developing cancer in the future.
- Pretty unpleasant diagnosis is a multi-chamber, and a cyst, which in most cases is the result of poor lifestyle and hormonal changes. This cyst consists of a plurality of chambers and tends to rise quite rapidly.
- The most dangerous is ductal cyst, which is considered a full-fledged modern oncology precancerous condition. Fortunately, the tumor is diagnosed no more than 1% of cases.