Treatment of cysts is selected depending on the cause of its formation. Nedinamichnaya cyst of the brain does not require treatment. If you found a dynamic education, treatment may be as follows:
- Conservative treatment. It involves the use of drugs, the effect of which is aimed at eliminating the causes of the cyst. They can be used drugs, reducing blood supply absorbable spikes. It is also sometimes used antibacterial, immunomodulatory, anti-viral drugs – the need for them arises in the case of infections and autoimmune diseases.
- The radical treatment. It involves removal of the cyst through surgery. For this purpose, craniotomy, endoscopy, cysts bypass. However, in the latter case, the threat of infection increases with the long-term presence of the shunt in the skull.
The effects of the disease
If not promptly put the correct diagnosis and treatment do not pick up, the cyst of the brain can lead to quite serious consequences. These include the following:
- Violation of motor coordination and motor function.
- visual and hearing impairment.
- Hydrocephalus, which implies an excessive accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid in the ventricles of the brain.
- Encephalitis – belongs to a class of diseases characterized by inflammation in the brain.
- The sudden death.
Cyst brain in infants
The cysts vascular plexus in some cases are detected in the fetus in the womb. In this case, it is not necessary to worry about premature, because they can disappear on their own. At a later stage of the cyst in the newborn brain can be caused by injury or infection of the fetus complicated pregnancies and childbirth. Often the appearance of cysts causes the herpes virus.
The development of subependymal cysts is more serious pathology. It appears as a result of insufficient blood circulation in the area of the cerebral ventricles. Fabrics die, and in their place there is a cavity.
Another pathology – arachnoid cysts, which have different shapes and sizes. In addition, neonatal brain cyst often formed as a result of meningitis or other inflammatory processes, moreover, this is due to trauma or hemorrhage. In most cases it is not introduced into the ventricles of the brain. But it is necessary to take into account that the cyst can be developed further, and after a time begin to squeeze the nearby areas of the brain.
To diagnose a cyst in children up to a year, enough to ultrasound. It’s quite a good time for such a procedure because the fontanel has not yet closed. Most often prescribe such ultrasound in preterm infants. In addition, cranial ultrasonography should be performed in the event of an unfavorable course of pregnancy and childbirth, which is accompanied by fetal hypoxia.
In the event that has been identified choroid plexus cyst, then do not worry, because such education are themselves. Their presence does not affect the brain development of the baby. It is very important to identify the infection, which was the reason for the development of education. A few months back you need to spend ultrasound.
In the event of subependiamalnoy cyst patient also does not need specific therapy. Brain tissue over time will come to the normal state – need only be observed by a doctor. During such formations is favorable, however, are not excluded quite serious consequences if the cystic cavity increases and the fluid pressure is increased.
If the newborn was found a large cyst of the brain, it can change the location of surrounding tissue, squeezing them. This pathology appears in the child in the form of seizures, which are progressive in nature. May increase neurological symptoms observed deterioration of general condition. In addition, this process is sometimes aggravated by hemorrhagic stroke.
Particularly close attention is required arachnoid cysts – in this case, requires drastic measures. A child has a malformation of the brain needs constant observation at the neurologist. According to the testimony appointed surgery. A cyst in the newborn child can be removed by one of the following methods – endoscopic, microneurosurgical or bypass surgery.
Cyst brain – a rather dangerous diagnosis, which requires consultation with a competent expert. Some types of cysts do not need special treatment, while others may require surgery. It is therefore important time to diagnose the disease and decide on methods of therapy.