One of the fairly common diseases of the brain is considered to be a cyst – it is a benign bladder filled with fluid. It should be noted that it may be located in various locations of the brain. Meets retrotserebellyarnaya Arachnoid cyst and brain. Each of these species is related to the specific features and methods of treatment.
Retrotserebellyarnaya cyst in most cases, formed as fluid accumulation in areas of the brain where there was destruction of the gray matter. To prevent destruction of the brain, you need to immediately determine the cause of death of the gray matter – thereby be able to choose the right method of treatment.
The causes of cysts retrotserebellyarnoy
The most common causes of this disease include:
- The lack of blood flow in the brain.
- Surgical interventions in the area of the skull.
- All kinds of inflammatory and infectious diseases – These include meningitis, meningoetsefalit and others.
- Traumatic injuries – bruises, concussion, which can cause the death of certain brain cells.
Symptoms retrotserebellyarnoy cysts
Symptoms of the disease are directly dependent on the size of the cyst. Also of great importance is its location and causes of. If the cyst continues to grow and increase the fluid pressure in it, you may be quite active symptoms. At the same time the formation of small sizes, which stopped its growth, may not cause any symptoms.
To increase retrotserebellyarnoy cysts can cause neuroinfection, ongoing infectious process, chronic circulatory disorders, autoimmune processes in the brain, in particular multiple sclerosis.
You may receive one or multiple features. These include:
- Throbbing inside the skull;
- a temporary hearing loss, tinnitus;
- a feeling of fullness in the head, and high blood pressure;
- visual impairment – can appear spots before the eyes, blurred lines, double objects;
- complete or partial paralysis of the limbs;
- the sudden loss of consciousness;
- temporary or permanent numbness of the body or limbs.
Methods of diagnosis
In order to make the correct diagnosis, you must rely on the patient’s complaints, the data history. In addition, apply modern research methods such as magnetic resonance and computed tomography.
To distinguish it from the cyst tumor, we need to conduct a study, which involves the intravenous administration of contrast. The tumor tends to accumulate contrast, while the cyst does not do this.
To prevent the emergence of new cysts and increase of old, you must first identify the cause of their origin. Because perform all kinds of surveys that can determine the cause of infections, autoimmune diseases, circulatory disorders.
- The Doppler study of head and neck vessels. This procedure was performed to detect vasoconstriction, providing the brain with arterial blood. This deficiency of blood supply can lead to destruction of homes medulla.
- The study of the heart. It is performed to identify arrhythmias, or heart failure.
- Analysis of blood clotting and cholesterol. Increased cholesterol and increased blood clotting may cause blockage of blood vessels, which leads to the formation of cysts.
- Monitoring of blood pressure. The periodic ups pressure are often the cause of strokes and the formation of cysts posleinsultnyh.
- Blood tests for infections and autoimmune diseases. They are carried out in cases of suspected neuroinfection, arachnoiditis, multiple sclerosis.
In the case of a brain cyst retrotserebellyarnaya not associated with any clinical symptoms, the survey data do not show its growth, and in addition, it has a small size, similar education do not need special treatment. In this situation, enough observation neurologist and constant control over the state of the cyst.
If there are any signs of the formation, the cyst increases in size, increases the pressure of the fluid in it, you need surgery. Before you carry out such an operation, be sure to carefully examine a cyst of the brain – especially true for intracerebral structures. First we need to be sure to eliminate the cause of the cyst, after which you want to assess the risk of surgery and choose the safest method.
The choice of method of surgical intervention is carried out based on the location of the cyst and its size. Currently used three types of transactions:
- Endoscopic punctures.
- neurosurgical operations, accompanied by a craniotomy.
The endoscopic surgery is the most advanced and less traumatic surgical view. This procedure is performed with an endoscope puncture the skull, after which the cyst is removed or aspirated liquid. Unfortunately, this method is not always possible to use – it is associated with the location of the cyst in the brain.
Shunting carried out if hydrocephalus develops and there is a constant inflow of fluid in the cyst. In this case, producing intracranial bypass surgery – during this operation using a special shunt into natural reservoirs of the body carry the outflow of fluid from the cyst.
In fact, if the cyst is located in an accessible location for craniotomy, surgery is performed on the complete removal of this education with its walls. It should be noted that this procedure is a fairly traumatic.
The consequences of cysts
In the event that the time was correct diagnosis and prescribe adequate treatment, after removing the effects of education are generally not observed. If there are any complications during or after surgery may develop brain damage syndromes following:
- cerebral syndrome – often develops after surgery. It includes increased intracranial pressure, headache, intolerance commuting, stuffiness, etc.
- Spastic syndrome – may appear symptomatic epilepsy.
- Focal syndromes – may appear in the event of damage to any area of the brain responsible for a specific function. As a result, there may be disturbances of speech, vision, hearing, disorders of higher nervous functions, movement disorders.
- asthenoneurotic Syndrome – It is characterized by weakness, deterioration of immunity.
- hypermobility syndrome, or developmental delays in children with conduct disorder in adults.
Retrotserebellyarnaya brain cyst often has serious consequences for health. After it was performed surgical treatment of cysts, be sure to take vitamins and medicines that help to improve blood circulation, strengthen the walls of blood vessels. To combat the effects of the disease become much more efficient, it is necessary to adhere to the rules of a healthy lifestyle, exercise, give up bad habits. By performing these simple recommendations, you can reduce the period of recovery after surgery and quickly return to normal life.