Cyst tooth – a thick capsule that occurs as a reaction to the emergence of infections in the body. If left untreated, it expands, forming a watery cavity. Ultimately, this leads to a decrease in bone and tooth loss.
Types of cysts
The disease can have variations that depend on the localization of the inflammatory focus and the mechanism of its occurrence in the oral cavity.
- The most common root, that is located at the root of the cyst. She due to inflammation of the tissues around the tooth.
- There is also a primary (cyst wisdom tooth).
- The inflammation that occurs during dentition, leading to periodontal or follicular cyst.
- Another type – a cyst in the maxillary sinuses. The reason for its occurrence is usually a chronic infection of the oral cavity. The variety of unpleasant by the fact that the capsule occurs most often on the front teeth.
The danger here is that the first tooth cyst may be asymptomatic. Some people have mild pain, especially during chewing. However, hardly anyone pays attention to them. At this stage, the disease can only be detected by X-ray.
At a later stage cyst tooth behaves elevated temperature, swelling, pain in the region of the gingiva.
The emergence of a dense capsule may occur due to improper treatment of cavities. Provoke the appearance of cysts can and mechanical injury. Sinusitis and infections can also cause of the disease. Untreated tooth decay creates a favorable environment for bacteria that cause the disease.
Treatment of cysts
All the techniques are divided into conservative (therapeutic) and operative (surgical). Consider therapeutic methods.
- Cleaning the root canals. Especially effective this option for the treatment of granuloma (so-called small-sized cyst). The method includes two steps. First cleaned by washing the channel and enter into it antimicrobials. Then the cavity, which previously held the cyst is filled with a special paste, which helps the formation of healthy bone tissue. It ends the process of sealing. It should be examined after six months to see whether the tooth is restored.
- depoforeza. The method allows to clean without opening all of the root canals using a slurry that contains copper ions. Under the influence of the current, they begin to move, destroying damaged cells.
- laser treatment. The affected area of the optical fiber is introduced, destroying the cyst. Sterilization is nearly instantaneous tooth. The disadvantage of this method is that the channels have a curved structure, and the laser beam line. Therefore it is not always possible to achieve the desired effect.
Surgical treatment presented cystectomy (removal of the cyst and root affected by it) and hemisection (removal of the cyst, and the root of the tooth above it). Especially pay attention to the treatment of front teeth. But it is better to consult a doctor in a timely manner, so as not to bring the situation before the operation.
Implantation front teeth
If still unable to save the tooth, do not panic. Today, there are implants made of alumina and zirconia-called metal-free ceramics. They are durable, have high color stability and thermal conductivity, reduce the load on the gums. Therefore restore the tooth is not difficult. Only need to be more responsible next time and not to ignore visits to the dentist.