A cyst in the nose – it is benign, the nature of the content, size and thickness of which depends on the causes of disease, duration of organ damage. Why is this disease appears and whether it should be treated? Today, we learn that a cyst in the nose. Treatment, symptoms and causes of this ailment will be discussed below.
The definition of disease
A cyst in the nose – hollow benign with soft walls, inside which is a liquid. The size of it can be different, and this depends on the symptoms. Illness is common, however, is detected, usually randomly, for example by X-ray.
The cysts are divided into:
- True – occur after the blockage of channels mucosa.
- Imaginary – occur under the influence of the allergen after infection or inflammation.
The classification depends on how the content is full of education. Cysts can be:
The causes of disease
A cyst in the nose may occur due to the presence of such factors:
- Chronic, allergic, vasomotor rhinitis.
- inflammation of the mucous sinuses – sinusitis, polyps.
- Long-term respiratory diseases.
- Frequent symptoms of sinusitis.
- Diseases teeth.
The effects of the cyst may be different. The following displays:
- The feeling of discomfort in the forehead and jaw.
- Periodic nasal congestion or difficulty breathing (especially after exercise).
- Do swimmers may experience pain in the nose due to pressure changes at depth.
- purulent discharge (if in addition there is also a sinusitis).
- The violation of smell.
Sometimes a cyst in the nose, the symptoms of which are described above, it can not manifest itself in any way. Man is able to live a life with her and did not even know about its existence. Therefore, the diagnosis “cyst in the sinus” – this is not a sentence. The above symptoms may not necessarily be manifestations of the disease. If you have suspicions further tests must be done to carry out the survey. And only after that will be prescribed treatment.
Diagnosis of the disease
Similarly, a diagnosis “cyst” audiologist can help studies such as:
- X-ray sinuses.
- The puncture.
- Endoscopy sinuses.
- Computed tomography.
Also, the doctor must examine the patient alone, to ask what was bothering him, and on the basis of the above activities, and to diagnose and prescribe treatment.
The methods of getting rid of Education
A cyst in the sinuses can be eliminated by methods:
- Delete using an endoscope.
- Laser treatment.
- Folk remedies.
Does size matter?
The choice of ways to get rid of the cyst depends on its diameter, which is determined after the X-rays. In image formation is measured, and if it is less than one centimeter, it is considered small. In this case, the surgical intervention is assigned at the request of the patient, of course, taken into account at the same symptoms that accompany the disease process.
If the tumor in the nose more than one centimeter in diameter, its elimination is essential. And to make it with the help of an endoscope or surgical knife – this is the treating doctor will decide, taking into account the symptoms.
Remove the cysts in the nose is performed through operation by Caldwell-Luc. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia (local or general – to the discretion of the doctor). The patient is cut under the upper lip, cut the front of the sinus wall, and through the hole done by special surgical instruments cyst removed. However, this method has its drawbacks: the stoma, made at the time of surgery, overgrown scars, not bone, which can lead to dysfunction of the mucosal tissue, and as a result, to the appearance of rhinitis or sinusitis. Also, after this kind of intervention the patient is not immediately sent home, he has a few more days to be under a doctor’s supervision.
The rehabilitation period
If the doctor has decided that the cyst has to be removed in the nose, the operation should be done only in the clinic. In the future, the patient must adhere to specific guidelines and to comply strictly with a doctor’s prescription to no adverse effects have occurred.
- Rest for two days, so as not to provoke bleeding complications.
- Conduct nasal hygiene: washing, moisturizing, antiseptic treatment.
- It is forbidden to make steamed procedure.
- Heavy physical exertion contraindicated.
The operation can not be performed in the following diseases and characteristics of the body:
- If bleeding disorders.
- If there are malignant tumors.
- If the woman is in the “interesting” position or a nursing mother.
- In severe forms of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- If you have epilepsy.
The views of patients about the surgery
Reviews people remove a cyst in the nose conventional surgical method is different. Someone absolutely sure that this is the perfect way to get rid of such education, and some complain about the overcast recovery after surgery. In any case, before you go to such a move, as the surgery, you must consider three important factors, and it is:
- The qualifications and experience of the doctor. It plays an expert in this case an important role, as he decides which way to remove the formation of the nose.
- The severity of the pathological process.
- The method of intervention.
In this case, the operation is done using a special device that is inserted through a nostril of the patient. However, no perforations or cuts the doctor does not produce. The whole process can be seen on the monitor. The advantages of this method of getting rid of the disease is that the maxillary sinus remains intact, as well as all the properties of the mucous membrane is fully retained. This operation is carried out without anesthesia. Another advantage is that after such a procedure the patient on the same day to go home, and this is very important for a person’s emotional state. Also, this method of getting rid of the cyst is not limited to the conduct of, and very rarely leads to complications.
Application of laser
This method has gained high popularity, and all thanks to the fact that it is almost painless, and the regeneration process is much shorter than during a standard operation. Before you go to the procedure, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will give their recommendations and to find out which method is best to remove education.
To get rid of the cyst in the nose with the help of tablets will not work, so if someone recommends this method of healing, you can not believe it. However, currently under research and development aimed at the creation of special drugs that can dissolve such education.
What can be done?
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of cysts in the nose may not yield results, and even, on the contrary, can worsen the situation. Especially if the cause of education is allergic rhinitis. After all, the use of home treatment methods, such as the use of honey and propolis, can only provoke even greater attacks of allergies, so that the cyst may even increase in size.
If there is a kind of education is strictly prohibited following the national treatment methods:
- Lubrication nasal honey.
- Instill herbal infusions, decoctions, oils.
- Rinsing the nasal cavity tinctures, extracts.
- inhalations with essential oils.
- Reception of homeopathic medicines.
But what still home therapy options are available? Next, we consider the most innocuous recipes to get rid of the cyst in the nose, but their effectiveness has not been confirmed.
- Forest cyclamen tuber juice. The drug is diluted with water at a ratio of 1: 4. Bury need two drops in each nostril for seven days. The procedure is best done in the morning.
- A mixture of glycerol (10 ml), boiled with purified water (25 ml), mummy (2 g). All components combine and pipetted drip medication into the patient sinus three drops twice per day.
- Juice golden mustache – drip three drops twice a day.
- Pucker salt water (one cup of liquid is necessary to take two teaspoons of hydrogen sulphate). Boil this mixture, cooled to forty degrees, and then rinse your nose with this solution in the morning and evening. On the night after the procedure, you must instill five drops of warm vegetable oil into both nostrils. The duration of the treatment – two weeks.
To cyst in the nose does not appear, it is enough to stick to these recommendations:
- Promptly treat diseases that can trigger the development of such education, and this is rhinitis, caries, periodontal disease.
- At the time the therapy of allergic rhinitis with antihistamines.
What happens if you do not treat it?
Dangerous if a cyst in the nose and the consequences of refusal of treatment? If this is the formation of any discomfort a person does not deliver, it is a small, inconspicuous, the harm from it will not be, and with him you can live life. However, if the cyst grows, becomes inflamed, it can threaten the increasing pressure on the organs of the head, increased body temperature. The worst thing that can be in the absence of treatment – Education may burst. And this, in turn, will entail the outflow of pus, which will be distributed to tissues, which may even give rise to necrosis.
Now that you know what is a cyst in the nose and the consequences it may bring. In this article we have identified the causes of education and symptoms, as well as possible methods of removal. Despite the fact that traditional medicine is considered safe in the treatment of certain diseases in relation to cysts to this method of therapy can be done only if the doctor gives permission. Since domestic techniques themselves may not justify, the right option is an operation for the removal of such education.