Brain cyst – this is quite a dangerous diagnosis. Its presence can determine using MRI or computerized tomography. Brush called bubble filled with liquid, it can be in any area of the skull, causing the patient’s specific complaints, but found and asymptomatic disease. If the doctor has a diagnosis, it is necessary to perform all of its recommendations, and, if necessary, to agree to the surgery.
The main causes of brain cysts
There are several causes of this formation:
- Congenital anomalies (related to the violation of intrauterine formation of the brain).
- The parasite etiology.
- Brain injuries (bruises, fractures, bruises).
- dystrophic and degenerative changes in the brain, in which case there is a replacement of brain tissue in the cyst.
- acute circulatory disorders in the brain.
Types of brain cysts
- arachnoid cysts in the brain. It located in the arachnoid membrane and is filled with cerebrospinal fluid. These cysts are more common in adolescents and male children. For their education, as a rule, result in injury and inflammation.
- Colloidal cyst. This formation appears as a result of embryogenesis. Such a cyst may not disturb human throughout life, but sometimes it blocks the current CSF. It is therefore possible occurrence of hydrocephalus, encephalocele, and sometimes it even leads to sudden death.
- A dermoid (epidermoid) cyst. This type of cyst appears at the beginning of fetal development, because in its cavity can detect various types of tissues – fat, hair, etc. A dermoid cyst can quickly begin to grow in childhood and leads to compression of structures, so it must be removed by surgery.
- The pineal cyst. Its formation occurs in the epiphysis, it has a small cavity. Such a cyst may cause visual disturbances, metabolic processes, coordination. In addition, it is often the cause of encephalitis and hydrocephalus.
Symptoms of brain cysts
The cyst of the brain can be small or large. Cysts are small in most cases does not manifest itself. Large formations can squeeze the lining of the brain, causing neurological symptoms, the following:
- violations of hearing or vision;
- sleep disorders;
- hyper- or hypotonia one muscle or muscle groups;
- the noise in my head;
- convulsions, loss of consciousness;
- the feeling of pulsation in the head;
- tremor of the extremities;
- children found regurgitation, vomiting, swelling and throbbing fontanelle.
severity of the clinical picture depends on the localization of cysts. On the occurrence of certain symptoms is influenced by the fact, on what part of the brain cyst is pressing.
Diagnostics brain cysts
To determine the presence of cysts of the brain to find out its size and location is possible by means of magnetic resonance or computed tomography. To distinguish it from the tumor, it is necessary to conduct a study, which consists of intravenous administration of contrast material. The tumor is prone to the accumulation of contrast, whereas a cyst – is not.
To prevent the emergence of new cysts and increase in available, it is necessary to first determine the cause. To do this, the doctor prescribes various surveys, which provide an opportunity to establish the causes of infections, circulatory disorders, autoimmune diseases. These surveys include the following:
- Doppler study of blood vessels. This procedure is performed to detect narrowing of the blood vessels supplying the brain arterial blood. Due to lack of blood supply appear foci destruction medulla, which in turn leads to the formation of cysts.
- Research hearts. Conducted to identify heart failure and arrhythmias.
- Analysis of blood clotting and cholesterol. The increase in clotting, and increased cholesterol clog the blood vessels, thus also may receive a brain cyst.
- Monitoring of blood pressure. This study makes it possible to record the blood pressure during the day to the memory card. If at times the patient has ups the pressure, it can cause strokes and the formation of cysts posleinsultnyh.
- A blood test for autoimmune diseases and infections. This study was performed in cases of suspected multiple sclerosis, neuroinfection, arachnoiditis.